19 September 2012, Posted by Tony Sheer
After deciding to spend your next getaway in the beautiful town of Mornington, located on the Port Phillip Bay side of the Mornington Peninsula, you will need to find accommodation that is appropriate for your needs. Fortunately for you, there is plenty of accommodation in Mornington and the surrounding area to choose from:
- B&B: there a number of bed and breakfast experiences available in the area, giving couples the chance to enjoy their own private retreat with breakfast included. Often, this is the choice of many couples looking for a romantic getaway.
- Caravan Park: if you’re travelling on a budget, then caravan park accommodation in Mornington could be the solution to your problems. Pitch a tent or bring the family caravan; many of the parks in the area also offer vans and cabins to rent.
- Cottage: when travelling with the family or a small group, cottage accommodation could be the perfect choice. The Cape Schanck Lighthouse, for example, offers a number of different sized cottages, all with spectacular ocean views.
- Holiday House: for longer stays, finding a holiday house for rent in Mornington will allow you to cook your own meals and enjoy all of the comforts of home.
- Motel: if you’ll only be spending a night or two in the area and can’t be bothered with the hassle of cooking, motel accommodation is the perfect option. Many of the motels in the area are connected to a pub, giving you somewhere to enjoy a meal upon arrival.
The best thing about choosing accommodation in Mornington and the surrounding area is that you won’t have to travel far to get to the beach or the local shopping strip. Often, you can walk there from wherever you happen to be staying.