The Attractions That Make Choosing Accommodation On Mornington Peninsula Worthwhile
Posted by Tony Sheer on Jul 13, 2012
If you have been umming and ahhing about where you should be spending your next getaway, look no further than the range of comfortable accommodation on Mornington Peninsula. The region is quite large and home to a number of Victoria’s most famous and popular attractions, so you are sure to find a way to amuse yourself during your stay.
- The Enchanted Maze Garden in Arthur’s Seat is definitely worth a visit, even if you don’t have kids! It now features a 3D maze created by Hollywood blockbuster installation creator, Lynton Harris.
- Set on the southern most tip of the Peninsula is the Cape Schanck Lighthouse where visitors can take a tour of the station, its accompanying museum and grounds.
- Visit the Peninsula Hot Springs where you can bathe in one of the natural springs or indulge in a relaxing massage or aromatherapy treatment.
- Wander through Victoria’s most famous estate at Heronwood Gardens, which features 2 hectares of stunning gardens and historic buildings from the 1800’s.
- Book into one of the dolphin swims that the Peninsula is so famous for and spend a few hours frolicking around in the surf with some of the most majestic creatures you have ever seen.
There are, of course, plenty of other attractions that anyone choosing accommodation on Mornington Peninsula can visit – you could spend a week or two exploring all that the region has to offer. For truly unique accommodation, consider booking into one of the old lighthouse keeper’s cottages at Cape Schanck – it is truly an unforgettable experience.